The event, which benefits Hospice and Palliative Care of Greensboro, will be held at Bill Black Chevrolet, 601 E. Bessemer. There will be all types of Chevys and even motorcycles competing for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place and three Best of Show winners.
“We are honored to support Hospice, which provides such great service to our community,” says Jeff Carey, General Manager, Grand Rental Station. “The car show is always a fun event for the whole family, and there are cars from antique to classic to modern – something for everyone.”
All cars entered are eligible to win cash prizes and take part in a 50/50 drawing. There are special prizes for cars pre-registered by June 3, including a $300 drawing and ten $50 drawings.
Entry fee is $20.00 per vehicle; hoods and trunks must be open for judging.
Our office will be closed Saturday, March 26th so our staff can spend time with their families this Easter weekend. We will see you next week!
The short answer to the above question is, both–meaning there really is no wrong answer. Each can be the perfect solution for a particular situation. However, there are a few obvious factors that can automatically determine whether your event will be indoors or outdoors. The type of event, time of year and locale all play a big part. Each type of event brings its own set of advantages and challenges. For example an outdoor wedding would be a beautiful thing to behold, but Mother Nature can have something to say about it; or you’ve finally gotten around to planning for the company party, only to find that all of the indoor venues are booked for the day you must have it.
First, we’ll talk about the benefits of having your event indoors.
- The comfort of your guests is more guaranteed. There will be obvious comforts of the indoors, such as bathrooms, heat, air conditioning, etc.
- Weather shouldn’t be an issue for you. There is no need to fret and check the forecast twelve times a day because, unless there is a blizzard or hurricane on the way, Mother Nature’s impact will be at a minimum. This way, you can concentrate on other aspects of planning for your event.
- Because it’s indoors, there may be less equipment you’ll have to worry about renting or setting up. Bathroom facilities, lighting, sound equipment and power are probably already there. Chances are, you won’t have to worry about setting up a dance floor either.
- Depending on your event, indoor venues have the advantage of separate rooms, if needed.
- Noise is less of a factor. Whether it’s to afford your guests the privacy of indoors, or not having to worry about disturbing those outside, an indoor event provides a sound barrier for all concerned.
Though there may be some pretty compelling reasons to have your event inside, an outdoor event has its own set of benefits as well:
- Generally, holding her event outdoors can be more cost-effective. For example, having the event in a park or on a beach can be very easy on the wallet, compared to banquet hall. If you know someone who owns a perfect outdoor space, the location could even be free. In addition, you are not as limited in regards to size.
- When you rent your tent, your rental company can also provide you with everything else you need to get your event off the ground. Power and lighting, outdoor heaters, tables, chairs, linens, portable bathrooms—you name it.
- Though Mother Nature can be fickle at times, there is no comparison when it comes to scenery and decor. A wedding on the beach? Enough said.
- As far as layout and decorating goes, a tented event is essentially a clean slate. Many indoor venues are constricted by architecture, and as a result can limit your choices of table placement, traffic flow, and other elements of your event.
- Unless there is a particular locale that you simply must have, when you host an outdoor event you don’t have to worry about the venue being all booked up and unavailable. There is much more flexibility when hosting an outdoor event, making the planning process that much easier.
- If there will be children at the event, an outdoor location is much better suited for them to enjoy themselves. Some children tend to feel cooped up at indoor affairs.
Regardless of the type of event you wish to plan, give us a call and let us know what you would like to accomplish. We can discuss with you the risks and rewards of indoor and outdoor events and will be happy to advise on which would best suit your needs.
Graduations happen year round depending on the time and type of school you go to. Some happen as early as April and as late as December. First and foremost, congratulations to you and the individual close to you who is graduating high school, college, or even something bigger in 2015. It’s not an easy journey and there’s not a prouder moment in someone’s life than walking across that stage, shaking the hand of your dean or principal, and receiving a diploma. Yet, for those who have already been through this process, you know that the graduation party is probably the best part out of all of it.
Graduating is a huge moment in anyone’s life and it deserves to be celebrated with the people that helped get you there, your friends and family. Before the party can kick off the planning must begin. Invitations must be sent out and supplies must be gathered to handle all of your guests. The best way to gather what you need for the party is to rent what you need for your graduation party. Your local party rental store will offer a huge range of essential graduation supplies as well as original items to make your party is extra special. There are many supplies or themes you can choose from. Some people like to keep things simple with a barbecue, but many folks like to go all out with themes.
For starters, you must have a tent! You may be able to get away without having tables and chairs, but a tent no way. Unless you already have some form of natural shade, renting a tent is like purchasing weather insurance. It’s not only going to provide shade, it can also protect you against rain. Tents come in all shapes, colors, and sizes. However, out of all the supplies, tents are rented out the fastest so make sure to call your local rental company early to reserve yours. To have a general idea, a 20’ x 20’ tent can hold up to 40 people. Consider renting side panels also to block the sun and wind in areas of your party where it’s needed. If you opt for a themed party you can rent almost anything you can think of that both kids and adults alike will love. For example if your party is Casino themed, you can rent poker tables, blackjack tables, roulette wheels, and even slot machines. If you’re old school like me you like to go with the classic carnival type materials such as snow cone machines, sumo suits, and a bouncy house to keep the kids busy while the adults enjoy the refreshments. You can also rent anything you need for a live bands or quality speakers so that the party never stops.
Stop by your local party rental store as I guarantee they will have everything you’re looking for your next graduation party. Renting will save you money and costs can also be shared amongst family and neighbors. With the proper coordination you can make your graduation party the party of the year in 2015. It all starts with visiting your local rental store to see all the fun things they have available.
The approach of summer means one thing: wedding season! Planning a wedding can be a complicated and stressful task but if you are working with the right people, it can be fun and easy. Here at your friendly rental center, we can help you make your dream wedding a reality. With our low rates and high quality products, you won’t have to sacrifice excellence because of your budget. We can help you truly WOW your wedding guests!
When planning a wedding, there are certain supplies and products that are essential and many certainly are not cheap to purchase, especially for items that you may only be using just once. Because of this, renting can be an easy and inexpensive solution. Instead of buying expensive tables and chairs or trying to save money by buying low quality ones, rent high quality, durable products for half the price. Why waste money by purchasing things you may not use again or by purchasing inferior products when there is another, better option? Our rental tables and chairs are top-notch products that will wow your guests and save you money. What more could a wedding-planner ask for?
Tables and chairs certainly are not the only things necessary for a great wedding. You will also need a large number of utensils, plates, glasses, linens, and serving trays. You could go to the store and purchase all of these things and spend a whole lot of money OR you could rent all of these items instead! We have a wide variety of linens and table settings to fit every style and every taste. From fancy to relaxed, we guarantee you will find exactly what you are looking for.
Add some beauty to your wedding by renting flower holders, latticework, columns, or even a gazebo! We have everything you will need to make your special day a beautiful one.
And what good is a party without entertainment? Save money by renting a karaoke machine, dance floor, or countless other products designed for keeping a party fun and lively.
Just about everything you would ever need for your wedding can be rented. Not only will it save you money, but you will also be getting products that will be of the highest quality. Contact us and we can help turn your wedding from a good one to a great one – great for your guests and great for your budget!
With a new month in full swing, we started off February with a decor change. This month we had one of our most favorite planners, Nishaka with Events by Nishaka, come in and revamp the showroom. She went with shades of gold, ivory and the ever so fabulous color of the year marsala. The rosette linens set the perfect romantic setting for the “month of love” feel. Her centerpieces and floral arrangements were done by Petal Creations which added the perfect touches to each of the tables. We are so in love with this showroom set up! We would love to have you swing by the showroom and check it out for yourself.
Do you feel the “love” from these lovely displays?